Saturday, March 14, 2009

WOW Trader Segment #6

Hey and welcome to wowtrader 6, your segment of goldy goodness in the alea iacta est podcast number 22. This is Miy, spelled M. I. Y. and today we will be talking about how to get started selling on the AH.

Auction house trading is about buying items off the auction house, converting them into items people need and then selling them for a profit. this is not as simple as just running around and clicking on plants or ores, so it pays more for your time, but requires more thinking and probably some math on your part. To be most effective at this one needs characters with maxed out professions, or professions leveled high enough to produce profitable conversions. 

You characters level affects what you should be doing. those of you actively questing I recommend that you should have gathering professions, while you’re out there in the world running around it makes sense to pick up everything you can find that will sell. But those of you who are at 80 then can alternatively choose the life of an auction house trader since for the most part you will be hanging out in major cities anyway.


So you have reached 80, leveled a non gathering profession to the 400’s and now want to know how do I make gold of the auction house with my profession. Well the original way was to take your 400 recipes, and figure whether the materials or the final product was worth more. Then take the 30 items or so that the final product was profitable and keep producing and selling them.

Needless to say this could take some time. Well that why Miy is here, I Miy, Miy I uh well anyway lets save some of your time shall we. Recently I power leveled inscription on my new shaman. Earlier today I thought hmm, I really don’t want to spend 4-5 hours figuring out what items sell for the most so are there some mods out there that can help save me time? Lo and behold I found two, the first was advanced trade skill window, and the second was lilsparky’s workshop. 

Advanced tradeskill window does two things I like very much, one it allows me to set up a que for items I wish to produce, which is very usefull when I am producing 200+ glyphs and it at the same time it allows me to see if I have enough regents to produce all the items I have qued.
The second thing it does is it allows me to do is create custome filters for the items I can produce, so I made two categories, profitable and unprofitable. go figure.

Little sparkys workshop is awesome in that it gives me the cost of production and the potential profit in two columns as part of the tradeskill window, this allows me to see my entire production list pretty much at a glance and see which items are profitable and which are not. What once took me 4-5 hours in set up time took me about 1 hour tonight, and most of that was figuring out how to use the mods.

So what have we learned to day? When entering the wow trader market step one is to figure out where you can make a profit. So go out there down load these mods, or do it the old fashioned way an put some gold in your pocket.

This is Miy, Miy, saying may your gold flow like the blood of your enemies and for the horde.

2 comments:

  1. Hey these podcasts seem great, I was wondering where I could download the audio for them from. Thanks again for doing them

    ReplyDelete
  2. The podcasts are actually just a segment I was doing for our guild's podcast. If your really interested in downloading it, here is a link to the AIE website:

    http://www.aie-guild.org/

    Where you can click on the podcast feed to subscribe. however note that I haven't done a segment for the last two episodes because I have been trying to figure out where I want to go with this blog and podcast. I should be doing more segements in the near future.

    ReplyDelete