Friday, May 15, 2009

AH Trader Segment #8

Notes for the latest AIE Podcast Segment, AH Trader #8:

Talking about the Auction House Alt, and how it can save you time and gold.

Title: AHtrader 8

Opening: Hey and welcome to AHtrader 8, your segment of Goblinish gassy goldy goodness. This is Miy, spelled M. I. Y. and today we will be talking about the AH alt, aka the auction house alt.

Current News:
AhTrader.blogspot.com is my new blog where I am now posting all my notes from these segments and other wow gold related advice.

You may have noticed my absence for the last few podcasts as I took a break to try and figure out what direction I wanted to go with my podcast segments and blog posts. After a few weeks of random writing and thorough brain storming, I have decided to focus on simple beginner tips in the podcasts segments and slightly more advanced tips for saving time on my blog posts. So again my new blog is AHTrader.blogspot.com, please visit and check it out.

Main Topic:
So today’s main topic is the auction house alt, it is a very simple time saving technique that was developed many, many, MMO’s ago. The auction house alt is simply a level 1 character stationed at a major city near an auction house and a mailbox. The purpose of the auction house alt is three fold.

First, the auction house alt saves you time. Your alt will keep your main character from having to run into a major city every time you want to sell something on the auction house. This time savings really adds up, and allows you to use your hearthstone for more important things.

Second having an auction house alt can make it a little easier to manage your gold and items. By having all your investment gold and Items for sale on one character, you may find it easier to track where your gold is going, and how much you are actually making each week from your different activities.

Finally an auction house alt saves you bag space. Personally I post close to 400 glyphs on the auction house a day, if I kept these on one of my main characters; I wouldn’t be able to loot anything. My auction house alt have 4 of the large Inscription bags which allow me to store them all in one convenient place to make batch posting items simple and quick. I also use my auction house alt’s bank as a place to store stuff I have no use for presently but might be able to use in the future.

Final advice:
Choose a race/class you won’t be tempted to play, the purpose of this character is to stay in the major cities near an auction house, if you’re not there it defeats the purpose. On another note, if you having issues with computer performance due to memory, it can be useful to have auctioneer and other similar add-ons activated on your auction house alt only.



Closing: That concludes this segment, the notes on this can be found at ahtrader.blogspot.com, as well as other gold and auction house tips. This is Miy saying may your gold flow like the blood of your enemies and for the horde.

No comments:

Post a Comment