Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stocker I Choose You!

Stocker I choose you! Or I would if there was such a add-on. I think the biggest waste of my time each week in my glyph sales is in the restocking of sold glyphs. Each week I mill several dozen stacks of herbs, and then craft several hundred bottles of ink and finally create a queue in ATSW based of what needs to be restocked.

As I had mentioned in a previous blog post I was irritated by having to push mill four times for every stack of herbs I mill. I thought it would be awesome if in a future patch Blizzard changed WOW to allow one click milling of all of a single type of herb in your bag. I am always looking for ways to make my routine faster. Today I wanted to talk about an add-on, that actually doesn't exist, but maybe it should, because if it did, it would definetly make me faster.

I would call this add-on 'stocker'! Advanced Trade Skill Window is a wonderful add-on. It allows me to make my own categories (currently unprofitable, profitable, and highly profitable). It allows me to go down my skills and queue a list of items to be made. I wish it did one more thing.

You see once I have created this list it is just a matter of pressing the process queue button each time it is available to continue production of items I need to restock on my auctioh house alt. However the creation of this list each week takes time. This is where I see an opportunity to save time.

Bagnon my bag mod allows me to see how many of an item I have in stock. So When I create my production queue lists, I mouse over an item, see how many I have in stock, and queue items in lots of 5. If a add-on can tell me how many I have in stock, why not have another add-on intergrated to auto create a queue'd list to bring my stock up to a preset amount?

Here's the basic idea. Within ATSW for each item you could create, a slide bar is available and a check box. If you check the box, it becomes active for the auto queue process, then it is a matter of selecting a in stock amount with the slide bar. Say we want to always have 20 glyphs of blah in stock. We grab the slide bar and set it to 20. Once we have chosen which items we want to have auto queue'd, and the stock amounts, we push the auto queue, button. ATSW, or Stocker would then take our stock number, minus our in stock amount (which we know from our bag mod) and creates a list of production. A couple clicks of process queue and whala, we are ready to send our items to our auction house alt for restocking.

Anyway, at the moment such a add-on doesn't exist. I wish I had the skills to write one since it seems doable within the lua/scripting commands available within the wow interface. It I did create it I would have to say, time savings was a triumph, I am making a note here, huge success. Aperture Science FTW.

1 comment:

  1. Its the same for the Gem Market.
    I like to keep 5 of most gems on the AH with 10+ of the top sellers up at all times.

    I batch post what hasnt sold back to the AH and then have to queue up ATSW (Skillet in my case) what sold through looking at BeanCounter and simply counting whats been reposted.

    Very tedious!

    ReplyDelete