Saturday, June 20, 2009

So your Rich. Now What?

What should you do with all that gold sitting in your bank account? Here are 10 suggestions.

Well you have bought sold and conquered and now sit on an overflowing pile of gold. What do you do with it?

To be honest, Blizzard has gone out of their way to make sure there wasnt much to spend your gold on. I really wish they had actually come out with the whole pimp your mount system. I would have dropped 30k gold to make my travelers mammoth a 310% flying mount. So what can you do?

1. Collect Mounts!
I am sitting just under 80 myself at the moment.

2. Buy BOE epic Ulduar Gear
I have three pieces and am planning on getting another three (an odd work schedule makes it hard to be on a raid team)

3. Make a twink
I have already dropped a little over 2k to gear my 49 mage. (a large chunk went to rep items for ZG)

4. Bypass the Hodir rep grind
It cost me about 2k to skip this. I hate repeating a quest more than once or twice.

5. Collect Vanity Pets.
Not my thing but hey some people like it.

6. Buy the Travelers Mammoth.
Hey those vendors are awesome. I didnt even wait to get my rep up to buy it myself.

7. Buy a Motorcycle
This isnt a steam punk game・why the ^#%$ would you want a motorcycle・whatever.

8. Buy a run through Ulduar
If you cant get in on a regular raid this might work for you.

9. Buy your twilight/black drake.
It is a 100% drop; you just need a group that knows what it is doing and the gold to pay them to let you have it.

10. Finance a guild/raid team
Gevlon seems to be doing this to great success, it costs him 5k a week, but the benefits are nice.


I wish there was more.

.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot the Dalaran rings. Who doesn't love an extra hearthstone? And those are silly expensive for an extra hearthstone.

    And crafted epics from Ulduar crafting drops. Due to the reliance on Runed Orbs, that could get very expensive, very quickly. Not sure if your BoE Ulduar Epics was meant to include these things.

    ReplyDelete